Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Travel Layout: Let's Go!

For this layout I wanted to use a lot of the fun little tags and collection stickers included in the Mayberry kit. There are all sorts of little die cuts and patterned paper sheets to cut these little bits from. I cut several from the Blue plate special paper and used some of the really great tags from the perforated sheet. I adore the colors of the collection, it includes lots of pink, oranges and greens which are very versatile and can be used for all kinds of occasions.


I started with a simple grid with a few tags and small squares of patterned papers. I used the double sided varnish papers in Jive and the big slab. The big slab sheet was one of my favorites of the collection because I love maps because they are all about going places and traveling, one of my favorite things to do!


Once I had base of a few tags and papers I started adding other die cuts using pop dots to create some dimension throughout the page. The thing that inspired this layout most was the many memories I've had of driving and seeing all the billboards of restaurants and places to stop along the way.

I didn't stop there...I kept adding more layers to create a more exaggerated layered effect. Since there are so many die cuts and choices of tags in this collection you don't have to worry about using to many! I finished the layout by using one of the badges and a few of the tiny puffy car stickers. This was a really fun collection to work with with tons of versatility!

Kim

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

what a totally fun layout!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover