Friday, August 17, 2012

Summer Carnival Party Part One

Hello and how are you enjoying your summer? My family has been pretty busy and the realization that summer is moving quickly is sinking in. My husband and I have discussed the idea of having an end-of-summer party before school starts up. After discovering an older SEI collection, A Fair Day, I wanted to start working on plans for a carnival themed party. I particularly liked the idea of this theme because many of the treats and decorations associated with a carnival are pretty easy to come by (more on that later!).


I created my invitation in PhotoShop Elements (PSE) using a few really great fonts, including the perfect font for this project, Chipperfield and Bailey. I'm a typography nut, so I'm very picky about using just the right font for the job, and this one was it! After adding all the party details, I was lucky enough to stumble upon this elephant shape in PSE and added it to my invite. All of my color selections came right out of this fun polka dotted paper from A Fair Day. After printing and cutting out the invites, I used a circle punch to punch out the corners to create a ticket shape. Perfect for a carnival theme! The final touches were to add some washi tape and a hand drawn dotted border for a fun, whimsical feel.

Up next, part two of this carnival theme party...the food! Stay tuned!
Jennifer

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover