Monday, February 10, 2014

Love Tags -- Perfect for Valentine's Day!


OK, I admit it. I hang onto and certain bits and pieces of product because I love them so much that I am compelled to use up every last little piece. In this case, the Admiration patterned paper from the Think of Me collection is just that piece of paper. I have used this paper on multiple projects and had only a 2x12" piece left. I thought I would show you today how I like to use up my favourite bits.

As you already know, I always find it easier to make multiples of any one item if I use a few standard elements. I chose to use a piece of the Admiration paper on the base of the tag in each case as well as hearts cut from Think of Me patterned paper, silver ribbon, canvas twill, twine and finally the same sentiment on each.



Each tag is unique with a slightly different colour focus. The doily brings out the blue on the first tag, so the blue gems made for a nice accent.



On the second tag, I used the blue ribbon vertically and more red hearts, so the red gems balanced out the tag well.



Finally, the last tag I wrapped some canvas twill around the tag, so used some lighter coloured stickers to better accent the elements of the tag.

So you end of up with three completely different tags, using similar products, and finishing up the last bits and pieces of a variety of items!

Thanks for visiting!
Sarah

2 comments:

Mermaid said...

The tags are wonderful!

Unknown said...

These valentines day tags are solo refreshingly wonderful!!! I love love love your modern take!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover