Monday, February 3, 2014

Rustic Valentine Challenge


Hi, it's Tyra and I'm back with this super lovely challenge. First, I would like to announce the winner of last month's Gratitude Challenge:

Laura Baylay!



Congratulations, Laura! Please email seiblog{at}shopsei{dot}com for your prize! Happy shopping!!!

Rustic Valentine is the theme for this month's challenge.



The words "rustic" and "vintage" inspired me to use colors beyond the traditional red, pink and white often used for Valentine's day. I started with pennants from SEI's Banner Kit as my foundation, my die cutting machine and SEI papers and sundries to create a series of rustic, vintage valentine banners. What I espcially like about SEI's sundries is each embellishment is double sided, with metallic version on one side and matte on the other.



I might add string to one of these banners and attach to a gift for my husband. I will most likely string the remaining banners together to create a cute valentine collage for hanging in my office.

The Mia Bella paper collection would work perfectly with this theme. Believe it or not, the Chalet collection of rustic paper (that gorgeous mountain ash cardstock) and traditional reds (try the cherry oak cardstock) is a neat option. What will you create?

Challenge Rules:
Use the inspiration image to create a new layout, card, or mixed media design.
Use the linky tool below to add your project. Please post a direct link to your project from your blog or photo sharing site.
Mention the SEI Design Inspiration Challenge and link back to our site. Encourage your friends to participate!
You may combine this challenge with other challenges
Use of SEI products is not required
Please leave a link no later than February 28th
Have FUN!!!!!

One project will be featured during the next monthly challenge and the winner will receive a $25 gift code from SEI.

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog! Let me be the first to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day!

Tyra

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover