Monday, April 28, 2014

"Beautiful Girl" Scrapbook Layout with Paper-piecing


Have you noticed one of the trends lately is a quilt-style look? There are lots of terrific projects featuring paper piecing or some sort of quilted look. I pulled out the Pembroke collection and thought it would work well to use a piecing style so that I could include more of the different fun colours and patterns.



I chose to use 2"x2" squares for my pattern. I simply repeated two rows of three colors across the page. I stitched around the edge of the dark blue to help tie together some of the quilt feel.





Once I had the page all lined up, I added the details including popping the letters using foam dots and adding vellum butterflies.



I hope you are inspired to add a little paper piecing to your next project.

Have a great day!
Sarah

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover