Friday, March 13, 2009

Mimosa leftovers are yummy!




We had quite a few requests to show you what we could make with all the little scraps that might be leftover in a Club SEI kit. What will be leftover in April's kit is mainly paper so we made some fun paper projects! This makes it easy because you can make these projects with any papers that you might have lying around and make multiples.

The first project is a set of adorable scalloped boxes. You can make them with just one lid, but I thought it was cute to add another lid to the bottom. I made a scalloped box template that includes both lids. The template is for an 8.5" x 11" sheet, and be sure to print on the side that will go on the inside of the box so that the print lines are hidden. The papers I used for the pink & orange box were Mimosa & Mango. The green box was made from the Chartreuse & Key Lime papers. Just cut all the solid lines and then fold on the dotted ones. Place glue on the sections that are marked with the dot and close in all sides. The final size of the box ends up being about 2" x 2". Just finish it off by filling it with your favorite candy or a small surprise.

The little roses would be an easy project to do with children. I got the idea from the Dozi Design's Flikr page. You should really browse through her images. Her ideas are so beautiful and inventive! She explains how to make these flowers better than I ever could. Once I was finished with them I punched them into a piece of styrofoam with a t-pin and placed them in a tea cup. (Isn't the tea cup cute? It was an Anthropologie gift from my friend Rachel)

Lastly, the candy bags toppers were really simple. You can print the quotes onto an 8.5" x 11" sheet. Use the extra scraps of paper that you will have leftover from other projects. Just fold over a strip of paper and staple the candy bag closed. Done!

These ideas are great for Mother's Day. These projects were made for one of the most wonderful gifts we all have, our mothers. Hope you like these projects! And let me know if you have any questions.

-Dorthea

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These projects are great, keep them coming. This is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for in addition to some more layouts!

Thanks for listening!

Anonymous said...

I love this feature! Thank you. I am SO so loving all of the wonderful new papers you guys are bringing out right now. So cheerful and beautiful in a sometimes dreary world... :)

Anonymous said...

I love the new kit!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover