Friday, September 23, 2011

Art Studio Picks: Kristie


There are a lot of things that make me happy and inspire me, things like glitter, happy children (especially when they are mine), the vibrant colors of yarn, flowers, watercolor painting and...oh yea...bakers twine. My daughters make fun of my “inspiration” obsessions which sometimes take over our living area.




Recently I have rediscovered crocheting. I learned to crochet when I was a teenager and crocheted for many years but as life got busy and styles changed I moved on to other things. As with many things the old becomes new again. I now have mounds of yarn I have purchased just because I love the color. The following projects I love and are on my “must” try list.



I also love going to my mother’s house and sorting through her vintage treasures which also hold new inspiration. Recently I inherited my mother’s button jar. It contains a lovely collection of buttons that were removed from worn out clothing, coats, boots and our favorite stuffed animals so I have been collecting ideas for projects using vintage buttons.


Thanks for letting me share!

1 comment:

angie gutshall said...

Love these pictures and colors!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover