Monday, May 21, 2012

#1 Dad Card

Before I had even worked on any Mother's Day projects, I made sure to get a Father's Day card completed for my daughter to give to her Dad. That is because I find making masculine cards so challenging and usually put them off until the last minute! Not this year!


The Desert Springs collection is full of possibilities - both feminine and masculine. This card was pretty easy to create and I did everything by hand, rather than using a template or die cut. I started by cutting a one inch slit down the top of my white card base and folded it down. For the shirt, I cut a piece of patterned paper to fit the front, cutting out a notch to fit under the collar.


The tie was trial and error - I started with a square piece of patterned paper and kept cutting away until it resembled a knot. For the tie, I started with a strip of paper and, again, cut away until it resembled the shape of a tie. To add contrast, I added another patterned paper from the Dessert Springs collection inside of my card. I love how the casual stripes resemble woodgrain and add another masculine touch to this card.

Jennifer

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

this card is FABULOUS!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover