Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How to Make Dimensional Butterflies

Hello! I decided today will be tutorial Tuesday. (I used the Field Notes collection for my card.) I love butterflies, and I want the butterflies on my cards to arrive full, with the wings away from the card base.

I use acetate to help the wings stay full. I used .010 acetate, cut a 1"x 1/8" strip and folded it in half.


I attached the acetate to wings of the butterfly using glue dots. The great thing about the acetate is that it is practically invisible.


Gently push the wings of your butterfly against the card and slide it into the envelope. When the recipient of the card pulls the card out, the wings will bounce back.


Thanks for stopping in to check out my post. I hope to see you back tomorrow!
Sarah

16 comments:

tessiepea said...

How can I possibly say how much I love "all" of this & in which order? That it's sei? The easiness Sarah makes it seem? The Beautifiul almost "real" looking Butterflies? The colors? The embellies? I just choose it all <3 <3<3 !!!

Diana Waite said...

WOW this is just AMAZING!

Nathalie said...

That is so very clever!!! TFS!!!

Susan said...

love Field Notes! Very pretty card with the dimensional butterflies.

brenlubrant said...

Thank you so much about the accetate idea to hold up butterfly wings. That is pure genius.

Shana said...

I love all the "pops"!

Bethany Becker said...

I love it!

Beth said...

Very creative - thank you!

Beth said...

Very creative - thank you!

Katherine V B, Fairfield, CA said...

Fun layout! Very simple and clean. Doable. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love how the butterfly just flies off the card. Beautiful! -Alisa (alisalogue@charter.net)

Teresa said...

That is so cool!!! Where can you find acetate at. I would like to make my butterfly cards do what you demonstrated.

littlen said...

very pretty card. thanks for the tip.
littlen44 at gmail dot com

Diane Standish(crazeedi) said...

the card is beautiful-thanks for the info too!

Mary-Anne V said...

pretty card...thanks for showing us how to make the butterflies pop.

Lori said...

Love love! What a smart way to make those butterflies pop! Llohmeyer@graniteschools.org

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover