Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Springtime Scrapbook Layout

On this page I wanted to used some of the great oranges in the Field Notes collection. All the patterns are so unique and create such a fantastic contrast against one another. I created a few more layers this time by adding one pattern on the top of another. I like to make the top layer smaller and just pinch it back a little so you can see the underlying pattern. I went with a basic square and cut a little opening in the middle for the other elements of my layout.


Using the Vignettes paper, which has all sorts of little frames on it, I create a sort of gallery tiled in the middle of my square. I used some basic water-colored images in oranges and yellows and attached them on the back of each frame to make little small art images. You can use other things as well, photos or other memorabilia. I added a small photo to the middle of one of mine.


For some added embellishment I added some other die cuts such as a butterfly and little banners from the sample box of die cuts and some little leaves punched from and ordinary hand punch.

One of my favorite patterns from the Field Notes collection was the cross section patterned paper which has bright yellow foil pattern on one side and a lovely hand drawn pattern on the other. I hand cut one of the sketched flowers out to add to my layout. I love the contrast of the black and white sketched flower with all the springy brights in the paper collections. The collections are just fantastic for creating some fun and interesting layouts for spring!

Kim

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

oh, this is FUN! love all the layers

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover