Thursday, July 26, 2012

DIY Painted Tray

I love spray paint.  Just give me a can of spray paint (metallic gold is my fav) and I'll paint everything! Here's a fun and simple tutorial for you.

First, find a tray that you like.  My mom had an old tray laying around the house so I snagged it.  You could probably find one at a thrift store.  You'll also need some spray paint and painters tape.  


Use painters tape to tape the design you'd like.  Make sure you tape the corners down really well so that the paint doesn't leak underneath.  Take it outside with newspaper and spray away!  I sprayed three coats of paint, letting it dry for about 10 minutes between each coat.



Once the paint is dry, peel the tape off carefully.  



Here's what the final product will look like!  Now you can serve a special someone breakfast in bed!

Happy spray painting!
-Christal from MUSTARD ME YELLOW

18 comments:

Laurie T said...

Really nice tray! I must try this!

jengd said...

Cute! I love the look of the metallic paint for this project!

wahine12 said...

love your upcycling projects!

Gina said...

Great tips for sprucing up found objects!

brenlubrant said...

I am just amazed how you come up with all of these cleaver ideas that you have shared with us this week. Thank you so much!!

connie said...

what a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love this idea!

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

This is great! So simple and looks fabulous!

Bethany Becker said...

Gorgeous tray. I love the idea of spraying a tray! Thanks for sharing!

Pamk said...

Cute tray. Great idea to make something cheap but elegant.

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite projects from your blog. I love the graphic design and your upcycling projects.

alisa logue said...

Great work Christal! Love the colors and versatility of Destert Springs collection! -Alisa

JPScraps said...

Wonderful idea to upcycle!

Angela said...

Super cute idea

Samantha Taylor said...

Love this idea. I have not seen this done on a tin before.

Aimee Kidd said...

Love it!! So pretty!

Vic said...

The painted trays can really add to home decor projects, especially the technique for painting! www.sabineshome.com

Jodi said...

so super pretty! LOVE this idea!!!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover