Thursday, August 2, 2012

Inspirational Classroom Wall Art

August marks an important month for kids and educators; it's time to go back to school! This year is especially exciting for me because after three moves to different classrooms over the last four years, my brand new art classroom is done and set up!! Now, all there is to do is to decorate, which is the funnest part because of the incredible amount of wall space in my room. So, for today's project I created an Inspirational Classroom Wall Frame.


I really wanted this simple frame to pop with color, so I painted it a deep aqua to match patterned paper found in the Vanilla Sunshine collection. Two layers were perfect for creating a vibrant base.


I used patterned paper from the Vanilla Sunshine 8.5" x 11" Card Making Pad for the background. The charcoal floral patterned paper was perfect for the background because it grounded the larger images and created a nice contrast. I then fussy cut the flower, hummingbird and vine from Lemon Breeze and added the inspirational journaling block from Charming Wonders die cut accents. A few jewels and some brightly covered ribbon softened the frame and gave a little sparkle and dimension.

I can't wait to hang this in my new classroom, showing my middle school art students that creativity that is paper-crafting!

Emily
 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover