Monday, August 6, 2012

Just Swingin' Layout

In my page Just Swingin' I set out to create the perfect scene for this sweet little photo of my youngest son swinging at the playground. I started with a sketch from Simple Scrapper's Premium Collection which inspired the lovely pieced foundation for my page made up of several of my favorite prints from the Field Notes Collection.


From there I decided to add these cute little doilies that I had leftover from a recent shower to the bottom half of my page. I secured them with a strip of Green Washi Tape that also acted as a fun border and then popped the the center doily out--thinking this would be the perfect spot for my photo. To get the perfect size and shape photo to fit inside my doily I used Photoshop to crop my photo into a 2.5" circle.


Then I fanned out a few ephemera cards from the Field Notes Tear Apart Sheet and tucked them behind my photo and topped everything off with a few pops of dimension by using Foam Squares to add the butterflies (cut from a sheet of patterned paper from the Field Notes Collection) and word banner to the page.

Amy

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

Great design layout!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover