Monday, August 27, 2012

Little Biebs Layout

While my son wasn't quite old enough to appreciate Justin Bieber's music, he did rock the Justin Bieber haircut for quite a while. We found those long shaggy bangs to be the perfect answer to that ample forehead of his :)

Hairstyles are definitely something that are a sign of the times, which can be fun to capture in your scrapbook layouts. Think back for a moment...did you or your kids ever sport a famous haircut, like the "Aniston" or the "Mullet." I know I've sported my fair share of trendy styles over the years and hope to go back and capture some of them in fun layouts just like this one!


In my page, "Lil Biebs" I wanted the feel of my layout to be just as trendy as the haircut that I was recording on the page, so I chose this fun banner feature composed of hip colors and patterns from a variety of the 2011-2012 Collections (Including Homestead, Field Notes and Vanilla Sunshine) to really set the tone.


My background is made up of a chalkboard-style patterned paper from the Vanilla Sunshine Collection and a block of newsprint paper from the Field Notes Paper Pad. I then added a cute little accent border made up of some leftover strips of the prints used in my banner strips.

Finally I topped things off with a fun mixture of alphas for my title a few layers of stitching and a few coordinating arrows from the Mayberry Decoder Pack.

Amy

1 comment:

Shana said...

I love this layout! Great job mixing paper lines.

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover