Saturday, September 8, 2012

Feathers and Fur

You don't always need a photo to record an important story...

We have five pets but they have always been a little camera shy and I rarely scrapbook them as a result. But I still get inspired to capture the "furry and feathered" members of our family from time to time.


Instead of using photos of my pets I wanted the focus to be on the story of us now having 5 pets in our home. This layout was inspired by the colorful SEI Feather Pack and the great colors and patterns of the Entrada Collection. To replace the photos I used a note card from the Field Notes Tear Apart Sheet and also pieced together another focal scene (the cat in the window) using Cardboard Accents from the Mayberry Collection, a black cat sticker from the Salem Heights Sticker Sheet and a chevron foiled paper from the Mirelle Collection.



I went with a mostly monochromatic color scheme featuring my favorite color--green and chose patterned papers from the Entrada Collection that worked well with this decision. I rendered my over-sized title so that it flowed diagonally across the page using a combination of the Corrugate Cardboard Alpha and the Green Puff Alphas. I then used some eye-catching circle elements and few pops of orange to create visual triangles that guide the eye throughout the page. Then added texture and dimension with the feathers, buttons and 3-D floral cut-outs.

Amy

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover