Thursday, December 13, 2012

House Christmas Tree Ornament

I love love love collecting miniature holiday houses, like the Christopher Radko brand. Their cute little colors, pretty glitter and nostalgic feel make me so happy. I decorate my house with them every year at Christmas.






Since I love collecting them and setting them out. I decided to use SEI's Holiday Traditions collection to make an ornament for my tree.


The homes, resin flourish and glitter are Melissa Frances, but you can find any glitter home pattern on the internet, download it and trace it onto your SEI paper. I traced the outline of the home onto Pale Ginger ale, adhered it to the house, inked all the edges with SEI Copper chalk Ink, and then assembled the little home.


I adhered the little resin flourish over the door. I traced the pattern of the roof Family Gatherings, trimmed it and adhered it to the roof. For the dormer window rood, I used patterned paper from the Holiday Traditions 6" x 6" paper pad. I traced the shape of the dormer roof onto the paper, trimmed it and adhered. I added Tinsel Glitter to the roof and dormer roof.


The little house kit comes with a base that I covered with Crystal Icing patterned paper. I then positioned the included hanger through the house's built-in hole in the roof, and strung a bell and ribbon trim from Holiday Tradition's sundries pack before adhering the house to the base. Adding the hanger and ribbon makes it possible for the house to hang from your Christmas tree! After, I inked the cardboard fence with SEI chalk ink, added some glitter, and adhered it to the base. Finally, I added some Holiday Tradition's cardstock stickers--the cute little children with the sled and the holly leaves at the apex of the dormer roof, finishing the house off with Holiday Tradition's borders on the trim of the little home!

Emily
 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover