Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Perfectly Peach Wreath

I love to make pretty wreaths. The Diane collection inspired this one that I made recently:



I started with a grapevine wreath base. I pulled some of the branches loose for a whimsical look. Next, I made my flowers. I am in love with the Peach Woven sheet in the Diane collection. The lace print is just gorgeous and perfect for my focal point flowers. Because the woven sheet is delicate and translucent, I layered it with flower die cuts made from the Close of Day patterned paper. The peach colors are a perfect match. And speaking of a perfect match, the peach brads in the Diane collection made excellent flower centers.



I borrowed the flower trim from the Mia Bella collection and used single flowers as accents. I backed each little bloom with leaves cut from felt. I also cut leaves from the Morning Walk patterned paper. To bring the pattern from the leaves to the other side of the wreath, I sewed a circle garland and draped it opposite the flowers. Both sides of the Morning Walk paper are equally beautiful, so I love that the garland shows off each side.



Do you have a wreath base in need of dressing up? Look no further than the Diane collection for beautiful inspiration!

Tessa

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover