Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tessa's Altered Book

While at my local library a few weeks ago, I browsed the "free books" pile and found a small, yellow, hardback book. It was about a company's billboard advertising over the years, and although I didn't find that very interesting, I fell in love with the vintage cover. I knew at once that I would alter the book.



I pulled together my favorite papers from Mia Bella, Blooms and Blossoms, and Think of Me, trying to use mostly scraps and leftover pieces from other projects. I used a few extras like doilies, vintage paper, vellum, and a few gold accents from my stash. I also used a good dose of washi tape and mist.



The book features photos of my three boys and quotations about motherhood. I think it will be nice to flip through these pages after a long day, if for no other reason than to remind myself of why I love being their Mom.



One of my favorite parts of making this book was discovering cut files in the Silhouette store by SEI! Yes, the delicate flower cuts that you see throughout the book are by SEI! Aren't they beautiful? Be sure to check out SEI's portfolio next time you are shopping there.



I made a slideshow of the all pages and details so that you could see as much of the book as possible. Enjoy! And next time you're at the library, think about rescuing an old gem to make your own altered book!



Tessa

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover