Monday, September 9, 2013

Fall Decor Hoop Art

I love fall. It's just that simple. I love the crisp air, bright colours and warm sweaters. I put the Yesteryear collection to use and decorated an embroidery hoop to use as a door wreath.




I started by adhering a circle of paper to the inside circle of the embroidery hoop. The outside circle covers the rough edges and the trimming ;)



The package of die cut accents as well as the package of sundries were perfect for my project. I started with the large label and layered on leaves, twine, buttons and gems. I added a few of the leaves from the cardstock sticker sheet to help balance the colours. I tucked in some foam dots to help maintain the dimension of the leaves. It doesn't show in the shop, but all the leaves are embossed with a lovely copper trim, perfect for the season and the colour scheme of the collection.

I hope you find some fall inspiration the Yesteryear collection!

Thanks for visiting!
Sarah

2 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

gorgeous work sarah!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! So pretty!!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover