Monday, December 16, 2013

Handmade Holiday Cards


Hello! I have a couple of cards to share today. So I admit I have a crush on doilies right know and I was inspired to use the blue doilies as soon as I saw them. They matched perfectly with the Noel line and were a great jumping off point for a slightly less traditional colour scheme for a couple of holiday cards.



I used one of my current favourite die sets and cut out some snowflakes from a sheet from the 6x6 Holiday Traditions pad. I really mixed up the lines for these cards. I used the some of the Noel and the Chalet collections together too. The sticker sheet from Chalet, the 4x6 pad and the chipboard from the Noel collection were also put to use. Anyone who knows my style, knows that I use the sundry and ephemera packages until they are empty!



Tip: a great way to figure out what works together in terms of products is to pull out items that compliment each other. I decided that I wanted both cards to say 'happy holidays' and to use the blue doilies. I always like to create more that one card at a time using a similar design and elements because it can be quick and easy.

Thanks for visiting! Have a great day.
Sarah
 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover