Friday, April 18, 2014

"Sweet Memories" Scrapbook Layout


Supplies:
Azalea 12x12 Memory Book collection
Doodlebug
Generic pop dots
Corner rounder
American Crafts Dear Lizzy date stamp




Tips & Tricks
The Azalea kit is chalked full of colors! Super fun for start of springtime I would say! As I was looking through the kit, I noticed how feminine it was and how that would work really well with creating projects pertaining to my daughter, Alyssa. After I looked through the entire collection, I decided that I would create a layout using her as my subject! Don't fret though, if you have all boys in your family pull the colors out in it that speak to you that could work for a boy, but remember you can almost always use any color you want because after all, it's your creation!!

For this layout, I focused a lot on the attention to not only the colors but to layering. I find that layering is a simple, yet effective way to create texture and graphics. For example, here is a close up of two photos I took of my layout.





As you can see, there is a lot of layering going on and I used the different textured papers and colors to present that idea as well. Because of that, I made it work well together by adding each piece of paper or element that would work well together. It gives the layout depth too! Layering is very easy and all you have to do is play around with your supplies mixing and matching to get the desired effect.

With the next close up,



I wanted to use the cute embellishments on my page and make them really stand out so I backed them with generic pop dots. It provides depth to the page and balance as you look at the layout as well. I also pulled the flag up on the edges as well to make the "stand up" on the page.

In the third and final close up



I wanted to show the focus and emphasis on layering and adding a contrasting color such as I did here with the blue element of sweet memories. I used this as the title for my layout as well.

Because the colors were very spring, I wanted to add the element of pop using the blue throughout my layout so I added a few other supplies here and there to do that. Some string and pearls completed the cute over all look of this layout and created a layout to be proud of!

Elizabeth

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover