Monday, April 14, 2014

Trendy Cards with Geometric Shapes


Good day! Have you noticed one of the trends lately has been geometrical shapes? They are showing up everywhere with repetition being one of the key elements. I created two cards, using a similar design to show you how different they would look using different shapes and collections.



First, I used the Catalina collection to create a card featuring circles. I used my circle dies and punches and layered a vareity of circles in different colors to create the focal point of the card. I adhered the biggest circles to the base of the card and then added the smaller circles with foam dots. The gems, bow and sentiment were the finishing touches for my card.



I used the basic idea of my first card to create my second using triangles. This time I used the Penrose collection -specifically the sticker sheet with the trianlges. On the background of the I added a little vellum to tone down the color and to add more interest to the card. The triangles were adhered and the sentiment added. I added a piece of the border sticker from the sticker sheet to help balance out the color on the card.

I hope I have given you a few ideas to add some of the latest trends to your cards!

Thanks for visiting!
Sarah

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover