Friday, September 18, 2015

Fall Mantle & DIY Decor


Hi there! Stephanie here, excited to share some DIY decor featuring the absolutely beautiful Daydreamer collection. As soon as I saw this collection, I was in love! The feathers... the beads... the Aztec patterns... the soft corals and blues.... just perfect.




September is still warm where I live and it seems a bit too early to bring out all the pumpkins and autumn decor. So I thought this kit would be perfect for decorating my mantle this month. It has earthtones that fit the season but it's not too "harvest."



First, I made a frame using SEI's basic chipboard frame as a base, with Daydreamer patterned paper and a "home" banner die-cut, plus a "happy little life" sticker from my stash.



Next up: a canvas sign. The L-V-E letters came pre-cut - super easy! I sprayed the canvas with Heidi Swap's gold glitter ink spray before using red sticky tape to adhere the letters to the canvas. Add a few stickers (how awesome are those antlers!) and feathers, included with the kit, and this sign is ready for display.



Lastly, a simple paper banner lets the patterned papers, die-cuts and rhinestones shine.

I'm so happy with how my mantle decor came together. I'd love to hear and see what you've made with this collection - be sure to share in the comments below!

Happy crafting,
Stephanie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this is beautiful!!!

Margaret said...

I, too, love the Daydreamer collection - in fact, I have two sets! I used one just for cards, but now you've given me ideas for the second set - thanks!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover