Saturday, October 29, 2016

Handmade Floral Wedding Money Gift Holder


Call me a romantic, but the Always Yours collection is hands-down one of my favorite SEI collections of the year. When I was planning to attend a wedding a few weeks ago, I knew right away I wanted to make a card featuring the sweet florals and flourishes from that collection.

I designed to make a custom-sized, all-in-one envelope, card and gift holder using my WeRMemoryKeepers envelope maker. Following the instructions provided by the tool, I measured out the card so that a check would nestle perfectly inside. The photo here you see is the card unfolded. Each of the sides folds in to create a pocket within itself, where you can write a message and place a gift check.



The outside of the card is where you can get creative. First, measure out your ribbon so it wraps around the card and can be tied in the back. (I used SEI's skinny leather ribbon... just love the texture it adds to this gift.) Then, apply your decorative elements. I hand-trimmed a floral wreath from a journaling card, then applied a sticker for the bride and groom's names. I wrote the names in Sharpie so they wouldn't smear on the metallic finish. A cork ampersand from my stash finished the look.

This collection may be timed for Valentine's Day, but it can be used all year-round. Hope this post encourages you to bring out those holiday-specific papers or kits any time of year.

Happy crafting!
Stephanie

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover