Thursday, April 9, 2009

Inspire me...

When I'm feeling uninspired I like to wander through our local thrift store with 5 bucks in my pocket and see what treasures I can find. There's really nothing better than a funky little chotchkie to get me excited and perk my creativity.

I just found these mushroom salt & pepper shakers this morning. Something about them just makes me want to play around with 70's color combination's.



Doesn't this just make you want to play around with cute little forest animal stamps and embellishments?!



Mirrors that I've found at thrift and discount stores and painted.



I found every single one of these pictures at a thrift store and every single one evokes emotion and creativity for me. I painted each and every one of them and my poor husband hung them all on the wall - some of them more than once as I wanted to play around a bit with placement. Have I mentioned I have the most amazing patient and supportive husband in the world? Because I do.

6 comments:

BethW said...

Fantastic-you have inspired me for sure.

cemmca said...

love the mushroom shakers!

Patti said...

thanks for the tip. I love going to the thrift store to find fun treasures.

Patti said...

p.s. love the mirrors, what a great idea.

Chrissy said...

Hei Maria, i love the blue mirror/frame you picked up...it's exquisite. I am very much a frame and photos person and I have also decorated my place with lotsa photos, all over. Inspired by my Dad too of course. Haha

Cathy said...

Chotchkie is my new favourite word!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover