Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fresh from the Oven

One of my most favorite places to find inspiration is in cookbooks or magazines that have a place tucked away just for beautiful, freshly baked creations. I love to see how others package their treats, how they’re displayed, and even the colors used in either the presentation or the baked goods themselves. Inspiration is everywhere and right now as the holidays approach, ideas are everywhere. My most favorite thing to do when I have a free bit of time is to curl up with a magazine loaded with Christmas recipes for candy, cookies, breads, cakes, cupcakes, peppermint cocoa, etc.

I chose this picture for my inspiration today because it carries a super simple sketch, beautiful colors, wonderful design, and some shine (which I am always drawn to).



The image once again comes from my most favorite source of creativity, that of Country Living, and here are a couple of cards based on the image.











For the first card I pretty much took the basic design, colors, and shine and made it into my own creation. This card uses supplies from the Alpine Frost collection. The trees in the center are layered to add dimension…I wanted to recreate that particular concept which I was immediately drawn to in the baked cookie image.

For the second card, I used the same design concept, but mixed up the elements a bit and added die cuts and an epoxy sticker as my focal point. This card uses the Christmas Mint collection.

As you can see, the possibilities that can come from one image are never ending…a quick, fun, and delicious way to get your creativity flowing.

Melissa

7 comments:

Giselle said...

Love these..!! Thanks for sharing what inspires you..! It's always a delight to see your projects..:)

Anonymous said...

Just another great project. Thank you for sharing what inspires you.

Donna VW said...

I wish my mind could translate everyday images into such beautiful art!

(The word verification for this comment is "blessed" - you certainly are!)

Maggie said...

Both cards are so elegant and beautiful. You're a talented lady! *wink*

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful creations!!!!!

reen said...

The Christmas tree card it lovely. I like the colors, the pattern, and the sparkly tree.

Anonymous said...

They are all so yummy looking!...the cards, too, lol! Gorgeously done...TFS! Tinla

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover