Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Good Things Come in Small Packages

I’ve always enjoyed small packages more than the big kind….as a little girl, and the only girl in a family of three boys, my mom, dad, and Santa sure spoiled me. I remember being more excited over the small, shiny package peeking out the top of my stocking, all dressed up with ribbons, than in the big package under the tree. Small packages meant something very personal and special...they remain my favorite today.

For my project today I was inspired by this image from Country Living….this tiny package has sparked so many creative ideas. What a fun idea to tuck a coordinating gift card holder under the bow!



Here is one idea that came from the above gift-giving idea.









I found this adorable embossed paper mache heart box and distressed it using acrylic paint, sand paper, and ink. I wanted to bring it to life for the holidays so I added foil paper from SEI’s Christmas Mint line along with trim, a die cut, and epoxy ornaments.

Of course no gift is complete without a matching card, so I put something simple together using more products from the Christmas Mint line…I just love the traditional colors used in this along with the patterns, sparkle, and the yummy names of the papers too of course. The 3-dimensional chipboard trees are fun accents to dress up and use for the holidays as well…such a fun idea.

Hope to chat again soon.
Melissa

6 comments:

Giselle said...

Beautiful inspiration..!!!

Shawninaz said...

So nice seeing you hosting the SEI Blog. I like seeing your work with their product. A new twist on your beautiful style!

Lu said...

Loved your work! Adorable and beautiful projects!

hayleycreates said...

Beautiful with a capital B! Love it!

Donna VW said...

Thanks for more lovelies from Melissa!

Anonymous said...

You can take anything and make beautiful cards etc out of it. You have an amazing eye for taking what is around you and making it into something wonderful! TFS: Tinla

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover