Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dashing Through the Snow


Audrey has two sledding layouts to share today. She used the Kris Kringle collection, and even snuck in a little Spooks!

LEO AND THE SLED



Audrey told us a little about how she created the layout. "I printed my journaling on white cardstock and adhered my photo to it. The grey background paper is actually from the Spooks line! Some of the grey paper in this line are perfect for snow and winter pages, too! I wanted to keep the design simple to make my photo stand out."


The photo she used was scanned from an old photo. We are impressed with Audrey's efforts to preserve family memories by using older photos and journaling.


DASHING THROUGH THE SNOW

Audrey describes how she made the second layout. "I cut some hill shapes from the black and white swirly paper and then inked the edges with white ink and paint, and added some glitter. I layered each hill with 3-D adhesives to pop them off the page. I added some red accents on the page to stand out against the blue!"


The fun scene on this project has so much depth! Mostly Audrey used paper techniques to accomplish this. Way to go!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

These are so precious!!

Kathy Martin said...

Awesome snowy goodness!

Julie Bonner said...

Both are fabulous Audrey but especially love how you worked the Spooks paper in :)

kate blue said...

totally awesome!!! Love the updated vintage look :)

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover