Monday, February 7, 2011

Sketchy Valentine Cards

Is it really Monday?! And is it really 2011? It seems that just when we've barely caught up from Christmas and New Years, suddenly Valentine's Day is upon us! I thought I'd share some pretty simple and cute Valentines with you today. I used With All My Heart, plus a few little bits of the new Corinne collection on these cards. Many of the colors in these two collections work quite nicely together! To jumpstart my creations, I used a card sketch - the same sketch, for all three of these cards. Notice the similarities? This sketch was created by Tami Mayberry, at the Card Positioning Systems blog. (Stop by the CPS blog to see the sketch I used, being featured this week!) There are lots of weekly sketch blogs out there, and if you've never tried using a sketch, I recommend it! The possibilities are endless really. Sometimes the cards I create start out looking like the sketch - but end up looking nothing like it! And sometimes I stick pretty closely to the sketch. There's no right or wrong way to do it. I think that's what I love about it!




Tomorrow I'll be right back here, so I hope you'll stop in to visit with me. I have a few more Valentine projects to share (and one of them involves chocolate!) Then, later in the week I cannot WAIT to share some projects featuring the brand new Corinne collection! See you tomorrow! XOXO Laura

2 comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover