Thursday, March 22, 2012

Static Cling Quiet Book with Printable Downloads

Road trips are something that don't seem to get easier with kids. I've wanted a quiet book for my son Monroe for a while, but I can't bring myself to spend months of sewing a book that he'll outgrow within a year. Static clings and dry erasers to the rescue!


Static clings are the coolest product I've seen in a while and you can print on them from any inkjet printer. They're a little pricey but well worth it (Office Depot, $14.99). They can be used on any of the projects in this book and reused on car windows, glass doors and refrigerators! Perfect road trip product, right?


To make this activity book, I used an SEI album. I included family pictures in my book and 5 activity pages. You can download the pages here and wall decal pages here. They include:

• one of these things is not like the other
• shapes activity
• body part activity (print on wall decal paper)
• color matching game (print on wall decal paper)
• numbers game

The great thing about the monster body parts is that you can also make any family picture look silly, without ruining the photos. This quiet book is also perfect for dry erase markers, they wipe right off the page protectors. I made a pocket with an extra 4" x 6" protector to the back to hold all of the markers.

Here are the materials needed to make the album:
• 8.5"x11" album
• 4"x6" album refills
• an assortment of 12 papers
• wall decal pack, you only use 4 pages, so you could easily split it with someone
• print out activity pages

Customize your quiet book however you'd like! As your child grows, you can make the activities more challenging. It's perfect for engaging a child's imagination.

3 comments:

remi said...

That's so adorable! I want to see the whole thing! Love love love it.

Mommy Sauri~ said...

Oh my. Your son must have been so excited.

Mommy Sauri~
http://casadesauri.blogspot.com

dorthea b. said...

Thanks! He's a little young for some of the activities but he still liked coloring!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover