Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Card

Mother's Day is right around the corner, so if you haven't already, don't forget to make dear mum a card! I made this bright and colorful card for my mom very simply by using the gorgeous butterfly pattern cardstock from the SEI Field Notes collection.


The pattern is beautiful but it can be a bit overwhelming, so to break up the business of the paper, I added kraft cardstock embellishments in form of a 3-D butterfly that appears to be flying from the colorful bunch. I also added a kraft label and printed "Happy Mother's Day" on it.

Lastly, to bring just a bit more softness to the card, I pleated some cream colored tissue paper and zig zag stitched it to the card to continue the fun and natural look of the card. I think it's a great way to wish mom a happy day, don't you?

Pearl

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover