Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Gift & Card

With the end of the school year fast approaching, it's time to think about teacher appreciation gifts. I am a firm believer in telling my daughter's teacher how much I appreciate her. I think teachers have one of the toughest jobs in the world and I know they don't often get the recognition they deserve, which is why I try to take time to show our teachers we care.


This is a simple, yet sweet (literally) gift that comes together quickly if you have many teachers to thank. I used the Vanilla Sunshine collection intentionally because I wanted something bright and cheery, plus I had an idea for the heart patterned paper (read on). And the 6x6 paper pad was perfect for this project.


For the gift, I wrapped strips of paper around Hersheys Nuggets (chocolate candy). This is a great way to use up those scraps! I then tucked them inside a hinged tin with a clear top. I love seeing all the cheery chocolates lined up! I added a ribbon and tag, embellishing with stickers from the Vanilla Sunshine collection. And I always keep my sundries close by - they are great finishing touches!


The card matches the gift, using one of the larger stickers included in the Vanilla Sunshine elements. Now you know what I was talking about with the heart patterned paper...doesn't it work nicely with this touching sentiment?

Jennifer

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

GREAT idea--SO fun!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover