Wednesday, May 9, 2012

6 Years Scrapbook Layout

I pieced together the design for my page "6 Years" using a combination of papers and elements from the Desert Springs Collection and the Field Notes Collection, my favorite cardboard corrugated alpha, a repurposed mailbox number and a handmade tissue pattern flower.


I chose to go with fairly subtle prints and neutral colors in my layout because I wanted my photo to really stand out on the page. It's not the most "eye-catching" photo but it was a fun shot that I took of my husband and I holding hands for a Week In The Life--and I couldn't wait to scrapbook it. In fact, I think this photo marks the first time my husband and I have been in the same photo in about a year!


The thing I love most about this page is the feeling that the mixture of papers and elements I've chosen creates. I chose them for their subtlety and they're everyday associations. And I don't know about you but this page makes me feel comfy and at ease as a result--which just so happens to be the very same feeling I get from being married to my wonderful husband for the past 6 years!
Amy

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

this is really GORGEOUS!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover