Thursday, June 7, 2012

Father's Day + Graduation Card

The travel-themed Mayberry Collection is surprisingly versatile, with so many great colors and fun phrases I found it to be perfect for making handmade cards for almost any occasion. Here I've made a Father's Day Card and a Graduation Card using the contents of this collection. These two cards are simple yet fun and make for a great hand-made gesture for these two occasions.


Thanks Pop Card
The Mayberry Flair Pack turned out to be just the inspiration I needed to make this simple but cheerful card for my dad this year for Father's Day. This design was centered around the "POP" flair button from the pack--because I often use this term of endearment when referring to my father. I chose a kraft cardstock for the base of my card and then layered a few of my favorite patterned papers from the collection across the card front in strips. Then I cut a circle from the center of my card using a craft knife. I backed that with the Word Search Paper, using foam squares to create the inset effect. I made a cute little stacked embellishment using the flair button, a die cut from the Decoder Pack and the scalloped circle from the Cardboard Diecut Sheet. And finally I added a few screw-inspired brads to the bottom for a masculine touch.


Way To Go Grad Card
These plastic arrows that came with the Decoder Arrow Pack are just so fun...so I went a little crazy and used quite a few on this one little card for my niece for her Graduation. I thought the Word Search Paper gave off somewhat of an academic association and I just loved the bright colors of the plastic arrows against it--especially how the letters from the paper are revealed underneath. The arrows also inspired my sentiment "WAY to go!"

Using stitching or double-sided papers can sometimes cause problems in card making when it comes to having a clean inside to write in. However my solution is to simply line the inside of the card with a white sheet of paper--this also gives you the option of typing your remarks and printing them out and adhering them to the inside of your card.
Amy

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover