Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Heart

This project started with a combination of a few collections Mayberry and Field Notes. I really enjoy layering different patterns along with unexpected elements. For instance I used a stencil to create the "M" on my layout. I placed pop dots beneath it to add a little dimension. I don't own any kind of cutting machine but sometimes I find that there are all kinds of things out there to create your own original cutouts!


I like to create a lot of my own embellishments sometimes using things from my stash of odd and ends. A few things I did on this layout is make a kraft tag using a stencil to write the word heart on it. Also I added a few sparkly sequins and rhinestones along with a little twine. These can also be added to gifts for a personal touch!


A few other things I included where a hand cut arrow, painted wooden heart and little doodled flower. All these little elements add a touch of you to the project. I like to keep it fun and all about memory keeping but also about making the most of the things that you have.

Kim

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover