Friday, September 21, 2012

Interactive Card Duo

Hey there! Today's project features paper and stickers from SEI's August Card Making Kit 8.5" x 11" paper pad! Beautiful motifs, soft and bold colors mixed together, lovely sentiment stickers and whimsical shapes look so pretty mixed together.



These cards are a little fun themselves because they're interactive cards!


I love love love the cheerful brightness of this collection, and I can never resist a newsprint pattern. I die cut the sliding bar from the newsprint paper, adding some pretty bright yellow patterned paper behind it. Then, I layered the newsprint paper against a lovely botanical print. Some pretty ribbon adds a soft texture while the sentiment sticker adds a warm burst of color.


The cute butterfly and flower are stickers from the SEI's card making pad. I like how they can move up and down the bar making it a fun treat for the recipient to play with.


To help the flower and butterfly move along the bar, I added SEI foam tape, and the butterfly only has foam tape on one wing, so that it can rotate on the bar!


I can't get enough of the newsprint patterned paper! I added a block of the beautiful red motif patterned paper. I used some blue twine and a contrasting strip of yellow floral patterned paper to draw attention to the interactive part of this card.


This card is fun because there are two interactive options! In the first option, you can pull out the hidden sentiment strip!


For the second option, after you die cut your paper, the die creates a "zipper." You can then pull back the paper, where there's a perforation! After puling back, you reveal the sentiment strip

I love SEI's 8.5" x 11" card making paper pads. The patterns are just the right size for smaller projects, have a great variety of coordinating motifs and designs and also have beautiful, big sentiments with pretty designs!! Make sure to sign up to Club SEI's card making kit so you don't miss out on fabulous products like this!

Emily

1 comment:

Shana said...

Pretty cards! I also love this card making kit.

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover