Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sew Special Album

My mother taught me to sew when I was 5 years old just like her mother taught her and my great grandmother taught my grandmother. Sewing has been shared as a hobby by the women in my family for over a century. And though it saddens me that this skill might end with me (unless I can convince one of my sons that they want to be the next Calvin Klien or Ralph Lauren) I feel blessed to have so many wonderful photos and memories that I can use to record this legacy.


That is why I altered this already beautifully accented SEI Preservation Album with stickers and papers from the Lexington Card Maker kit--to gather and keep photos of my grandmother, mother and myself engaging in a passion that we have loved and shared for so many years.


To alter this album I accented the inside front and back covers with coordinating paper and added sentiment stickers to the front and back. I topped everything off with a beautiful antique button. Now that I have an album all ready I'm motivated to go through and selecting photos and stories to include in this small but meaningful preservation album.

Amy

2 comments:

Diana Waite said...

what a BEAUTIFUL little mini album!

Shana said...

That will be a perfect way to preserve those sewing memories! Lovely!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover