Monday, November 26, 2012

DIY Frame Gift: Godma Jackie

Hello everyone! So great to be back at SEI lifestyle blog again! It was 3 years ago when I was a guest blogger here, and since then, I’ve been busy with my kids (9 and 12 years old) who are growing up way too fast, scrapping and making cards whenever I can, and lately I’ve been sewing a lot too, as I’ve just opened my store on etsy, selling my sewing projects.

Although I sew more these days, my first love is still papercrafting – don’t think I’ll ever give that up, so it looks like I have not 1 but 3 hobbies now – scrapbooking, papercrafting (including making cards and frames) and sewing! You can just about guess how broke I am now. LOL.


I would like to share with you this frame which I made sometime back for a friend who is also my niece’s godma. I used a wooden frame from Ikea to alter. I usually use frames that fit 4” by 6” photos as I feel these frames are neither too big nor too small to alter. The other supplies I used to beautify this frame include some older collection of papers from SEI for the borders and background of the frame, a patterned paper from the Windsor collection for the brown velvet leaves (fussy cut the leaves out), and some stickers to embellish the frame (eg the corners and the small circles surrounding the flowers and the wooden tag). The umbrella, the small cage and birds were stamped onto brown cardstock. These stamps are clear stamps from the Lovebirds collection. Love that collection of stamps A LOT.

I enjoy making frames like this one and giving them as gifts, and SEI papers are super versatile – I don’t just rely on one collection of papers as with SEI, mixing the various collections can sometimes come up with even more beautiful creations. Thank you SEI for inviting me to back on the blog, and for letting me share my project here!

Elaine

1 comment:

Margi said...

I love working with portraits. The colors are so beautiful in this portrait and the roses are gorgeous. TFS

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover