Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Handmade Cards

I love making cards, and I also love sending and receiving cards, especially handmade cards - they give you that extra warmth and love, compared to a commercially printed card, don't you think so? :)



These 4 cards were made recently, using papers from the SEI Lexington Cardmaker Paperpack, which I found at my local scrapbook store. I was thrilled to find this paperpack as the papers inside were all so beautiful and versatile! Besides using these papers, I also used a variety of embellishments which were already on my table, such as flowers, gems, lace, doilies and gems to decorate the cards.



I also like to fussy-cut patterned papers with big pretty flower/leaf prints, and that was what I did for 2 of the cards, where I cut out a rose from a patterned paper from another manufacturer, and stalks of leaves from a Dill Blossoms patterned paper, an older SEI collection of papers. Fussy-cutting from patterned papers saves me the cost of buying die-cuts or chipboard embellishments, so I am always on the lookout for papers which I can fussy-cut to decorate the cards.

I hope I have given you some inspiration to make a couple of cards on your own to send to a special someone - you won't regret it. :)

Elaine

1 comment:

Margi said...

Your cards are amazing. I love the roses and the colors are fantastic. TFS

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover