Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Handmade Valentine Cards

When I laid eyes on the January Card Making Kit, I knew I had to put together a few Valentines for some special girlfriends. To save time, I created a basic recipe to work from, then embellished slightly differently on each card to make them unique.



My recipe was a patterned paper background, a 2.25" wide banner strip down the center, a doily (from my own supply stash), and a sentiment sticker.


To make each card unique, I added flower stickers and silk leaves to one, a ribbon and pop-dotted die-cuts to another...


...and a dimensional sentiment for the third. Are you making Valentines this year? Consider a recipe as a starting point - it will save you time and still allow for creative license. And definitely consider the "Thinking of You" line - I know my friends will enjoy the cheerful and cute designs.

Tessa

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover