Friday, March 22, 2013

Altered Painter's Tray

My mother-in-law loves to garden, so when I saw the Diane collection, she instantly came to mind. I couldn't think of a better present for her birthday this month than something made with Diane.



I picked up this mini printer's tray on a recent shopping trip. The white, distressed wood was the perfect backdrop for a few of my favorite Diane patterns.



I started by filling the spaces with patterned paper. Next, I sifted through the beautiful Diane sundries and tags for the perfect embellishments. I even borrowed a little bit of trim from the Mia Bella collection. I love that SEI's collections can mix and match!





I filled the bottom row with a flower, my mother-in-law's initial, and a brad-adorned doily.



The large compartment was the most fun to embellish. I started with a tag, then added flowers from the sundries pack. I adhered the tag with two layers of dimensional adhesive so that it wouldn't lay flat against the background. I love the depth that technique added.

If you have a gardening lover in need of a gift, consider making it with the Diane collection. You simply can't go wrong with such pretty papers!

Tessa

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover