Monday, July 22, 2013

Envelope Frame


I don't know about you, but I have photos laying around that sometimes need to be in something prettier than a frame or a scrapbook album. I enjoy making crafty projects to display in my house, but also sometimes have a dual purpose.


For today's project I found this wedding picture that has been sitting on my craft desk for over a year, and it needed a home. At some point I thought I would put it in a layout, frame it or do something with it, but since I don't really scrapbook...I just left it there. But today is the day--it now has a purpose. I created a beautifully embellished frame from an envelope base that came in the March Papercrafting Kit and paper from the Mia Bella collection.


This project was super easy to make. To create the frame, I trimmed and adhered Lover's Rendevous to an envelope. Then I embellished spools wrapped with Mia Bella Trims and adhere them to face of the project. The envelope can be used to store fun little mementos by slipping them inside!


I've been waiting to use the silhouettes and knew this was the perfect project. I slipped some metal embellishments from the Mia Bella sundries onto a jeweled stick pin to embellish the top of the photo. Simple wooden spools are made beautiful by wrapping lace and trims from the Mia Bella collection around them.

Emily

materials: envelope | Mia Bella trim | Mia Bella Sundries | Mia Bella Paper Collection | Mia Bella Die Cuts | Mia Bella Cardstock stickers | Alphabet stickers | Jewel pin | Pearl | Vintage wooden spools | Skewer

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover