Wednesday, October 9, 2013

"Better with You" Fall Card


I am so ready for summer to be over. Don't get me wrong, I love the sunshine, but Autumn is such a colorful, warm and fun time of the year. I love picking out pumpkins, decorating for Halloween and Thanksgiving and spending time with the family! I was so excited to start fall off right, that during the first week of September as we were going through a heat spell, I decided "enough of the heat" I am decorating for fall! I pulled down all my decor, set it up and even put my fall wreath on the front door, even though it was a 100 degrees. My poor husband came home from work, saw the wreath, and just shook his head smiling.



What better way to start off autumn, than by using SEI's new line, Yesteryear to create a beautiful card for a friend? Every release from SEI is beautifully designed with rich, deep colors; lovely textures and design elements and fun embellishments. I think this is why I have loved designing with SEI product--amazing quality products and rich design elements, perfectly combined to create quality projects. Yesteryear is no exception! The minute I saw this collection, I instantly was inspired to play with every product in the line.



My first bit of inspiration for this card came from the gorgeous frame cardstock stickers! I love how elegant they are, and knew they'd frame the embellishments perfectly. After I trimmed some background ppaer from the Yesteryear Creative pack, I then began embellishing the card. In one frame I added a leaf and acorn rub on, and then layered an acorn cardstock sticker above it. In the other frame, I layered a gold foil die cut leaf over a pin and ribbon. Since, I wanted each embellishment to shine and not have the frames looked cluttered, but balanced, I added two more spots of interest. I adhered a golden jewel from sundries to a leaf cardstock sticker in one corner, and then placed a beautiful foiled leaf over a button, both of which are available in sundries. To finish the card off, I stamped a sentiment on the banner cardstock sticker, which I am just ga ga over!

I loved this collection, and I think you will too! SEI's fall collections are always one of the most inspirational releases!

Emily

2 comments:

Yun Kelly said...

Love the acorn! I'm a fall person too. Thanks for putting me in the mood.

Unknown said...

lovely

xoxo
The Blah Queen
Rangoli Designs

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover