Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Handmade Joy Card Set


Hi! Kathy Martin here sharing a couple cards I made with the festive November SEI Cardmaking Kit.




For the 'Joy' card I let my style show through using my favorite technique, layering. To achieve this look grab your scissors, dies and paper punches to make lots of accents with the array of beautiful patterned papers available in the kit.





You can fussy cut images, use dies to create fun shapes like the Polaroid, for example, or punches to create basic shapes like circles or hearts. Once you have a bunch of paper accents, start playing! Mix things up, move them around, see what catches your eye. When you have an arrangement you like, adhere them to your card face making sure to use recycled chipboard and/or foam mounting tape in between each element for dimension. Finally, accent your card with a couple stickers or accents from the kit and you have a lovely layered design!





If you're short on time and have a number of cards to make or you don't have a lot of tools to make paper accents, go simple and elegant as I did with the 'Trees' card. For this design I only used three items from the kit...the Turtle Doves patterned paper, one sticker and one ready made die cut. Attaching the window frame and tree sticker with foam mounting tape gives you a dimensional look, similar to the layered Joy card, without all the time and tools.

I hope you enjoy working with this month's kit, there's a lot of great card projects included! And I hope I've given you even more fun ideas to try!

Kathy Martin

2 comments:

apes said...

Love these cards, Kathy! :) I love layering also!

Ruth G said...

I love how you mix things up on one card! The way the snowflake is cut out of your bottom layer adds such wonderful depth and a touch of surprise! Thanks so much for sharing! This collection looks really wonderful!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover