Monday, June 9, 2014

"Sunshine" Card & Treat Gift


I created this project for a co-worker. I wanted to cheer her up and let her know that her friendship is sunshine in my life!




I bought a plastic clear pillow box from my local scrapbooking store.



Sometimes the nicest things don't need to be hard and I wanted to create an easy gift for her that she could use again. However, at first I wasn't too sure what to do with it, but I knew I wanted to fill it with bright colored candy to brighten her day, so that is how I decided to make this for my friend!



I took the kit contents and measured around the box and then just taped the background papers to the box. After that was adhered, I added all the embellishment and element layers to the box. I wanted the "sunshine" tag to stick out so I added pop dots to the back of that. To ensure it doesn't come off, I hot glued it down to the papers.



I then filled the box with candy that I bought from Jo-Ann's. Next up, I created a card to go with it.



I kept the card pretty simple and used the kit contents to say everything I wanted it to say.

I created the heart using a punch and the kit papers (my favorite piece of paper) and I used pop dots to make it stick out to let her know I loved her friendship!



To add the extra touch, I added the key and tied it with twine to the ribbon.



I really loved how it turned out and she's going to love it too!

Elizabeth

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover