Monday, March 2, 2015

"Hi" Card Using Scraps

Lately I've been enjoying creating cards...for this card I challenged myself to create a card using scraps from another project that I created. The two small strips of border stickers along the card's edge were scraps from a layout that I previously had created. I used my sewing machine to add a bit of zig-zag stitching to the top of one border sticker for some added definition to my card. It's funny how something so simple can really add a lot to a project!



I used one of the die-cuts from the Forever Sassy collection to frame a scrap of paper and then added a small heart sticker to add a little something to the card. You can see that I added a bit of 3d adhesive to adhere the heart to make it pop.



I used the paper Over the Taupe from the Forever Sassy collection which is double sided paper and for the card I love that the inside is a pale aqua color...you can see it peeking through in one of my photos. An added bonus!



Have you made any cards lately? Perhaps challenging yourself to use up those scraps will get you going!

Jennifer

1 comment:

Margaret said...

What a great idea! I try to make cards every day, and layouts several days a week, so I have lots of scraps! From now on I'm going to take a good look at the scraps left over from a layout and use them to make a card. Thanks for the idea!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover