Thursday, December 4, 2008

On the 8th & 9th Days...

Do you ever get tired of trying to figure out how to display all the wonderful Holiday cards people send you? Well I am all about less clutter and I found the perfect way. I used a 5.5" x 8.5" preservation album, which I know might sounds like a weird size but it actually fits most Holiday cards. I always have a hard time throwing away Holiday cards so by placing them in an album, I already have them archived for when the holidays are over. My sister has the same tendencies, so she'll love to have this for her coffee table.


So I had made my sister some earrings and I kept trying to find a unique way to wrap them up. Did you ever melt crayons when you were in elementary school? One of the girls at work had the idea to melt every color of blue, white & silver crayon we could find. We placed them between two pieces of wax paper and placed an iron with a med-low temperature on top. We moved the iron around until all the crayons had melted into these beautiful swirls. By dipping the outside of an old paper jewelery box, we achieved a marbleized look on the package. I simply tied it off with a silver ribbon and I think it's beautiful! Below I have a close-up of the wax & you can kind of see the glimmer from the silver crayon. It was so much fun we just wanted to keep dipping anything we could find.

-Dorthea



No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover