Saturday, October 13, 2012

Spooky DIY Notepad

I always like to create an alternative to candy for Halloween, especially for the little trick or treaters. I had a lot of fun with this project and it came together really quickly.

I started with a simple notepad that I covered in Spooky Town paper from the Salem Heights collection. I tied some twine around the cover and added a stamped title by combining a few sentiments. A few "ooglie eyes" were added in the center for an extra spooky effect. A glittered spider from the Salem Heights chiplets topped it off.

And, in case you are wondering about that bone pen...yes, I made it! I used white Model Magic by Crayola and shaped it into a bone as I wrapped it around my pen. I let it dry overnight and aged it with by distress ink pads. It's the perfect spooky touch to finish off this special treat for your favorite trick or treater!


Stamps: Papertrey Ink

1 comment:

Margi said...

This is such a cool idea for trickortreaters. The bone pen is so cool. I guess you can make fingers as well.


newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover