Friday, April 26, 2013

Creating Tabbed Dividers with Pretty Paper

Yeah, I'm not much of a scrapbook layout girl. I think I can count on both hands the amount of layouts that I have made over the last year. That being said, I do enjoy hoarding 6" x 6" paper pads. The size is perfect for the majority of small scale projects that I create, and they're easy to stack on top of one another. The only problems with my paper pad and embellishment addiction is making the paper pads accessible, but also storing them nicely in our office shelving, since I am moving the craft area to the office area.



Well, I could shove them in a box, but then I would forget that I had them. I could put them in a clear container, but plastic bins are ugly. So, I turned to my Lexington Card making paper pad from SEI, and voila, an epiphany hit me! Use the gorgeous paper in my favorite collection to design a tabbed divider system that can be used with small baskets. Not only will the baskets fit in the office shelving, but I can switch out the papers from season to season.



First, I gathered and trimmed all my papers to fit inside some baskets that I found at Michael's on sale for 40% off. I trimmed them slightly larger than the inside of the basket, so that when I die cut them, they'd fit perfectly in the basket. Since the tabbed cards file that I cut from had more of a horizontal orientation, I transformed it in the Silhouette software program to fit my basket.



I had a lot of SEI embellishments and paper pads that needed a new home and they fit nicely in the baskets. I decided that the best way to organize paper from one manufacturer was to divide them up by release dates, starting with the most recent collections in the front. One basket is full of SEI paper pads and embellishments, and the other is basket are various paper pads from other companies.



Organization should be simple, yet effective. The best part of this Get it Together solution is that it took me less than 20 minutes to make, and it's a great way to use your larger scraps of patterned paper.

Emily

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Great ideas and it makes the storage look so pretty too.
Rae Ann O.

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover