Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Inspirational Frame


Being a teacher I hear a lot of, "I suck at this," I'm no good at that," and "why is your class so hard Mrs. Branch?" The last one makes me chuckle for two reasons. The first reason is that I teach art...how can that be hard? And two, if art is your hardest class, we have issues." But, anyways back to today's project. As a teacher I find myself encouraging kids to try....and try again, and then push them more to get the best work I can out of them. Teachers have a tough job--trying to inspire a child to try their hardest, even if the kid's like, "Art wasn't my first elective choice Mrs. Branch." (insert annoyed teacher face here).



One of the best ways I have found to motivate and inspire kids to try more, work harder and produce quality work is to speak positively into their life through quotes and colloquialisms. Today's project is an inspirational desk decor piece you can make for your little scholar when she's practicing her math review over the summer using SEI's Mia Bella collection.



I die cut this phrase and then adhered it to Evening Promenade from the Mia Bella collection pack. Then I fussy cut flowers from Sidewalk Cafe, border punched a trim from paper in the Mia Bella 6" x 6" paper pad and added a pennant sticker from Mia Bella cardstock stickers. Finally, I placed it in this yummy peach frame from Target. I'm going to give this to our eighth grade school counselor whose become such a dear friend, and is leaving my school to counsel at another school. I am going miss her so very much, and I hope she can display this in her office to encourage students who come in to meet with her.

materials: Mia Bella collection pack | Evening Promenade | Sidewalk Cafe | Mia Bella cardstock stickers | Silhouette SD

Emily

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover